PONCHO No. 1 The stylish allrounder
The pattern Poncho No. 1 is now available in the download section. It encompasses 16 pages. These are easily assembled by joining the edges with sellotape following the numbers 1-16. Next you can cut out the pattern.
This free pattern is made by myself and has a seam allowance of 0.4 in.
We start with binding off all the peaces of the cut. In the next step we prepare bits and pieces (this is a basic rule).
- Put the cut out pockets onto the pocket-line of the front part and fix it with pins. Then sew it on short-edged.
- Sew the middle seam of the hood.
- At the opening of the hood begins the drawcord: Apply a 2.4 in wide facing by folding the edges and sewing them, so it becomes a 1.2 in wide tunnel.
- At the right and the left sew a 1.2 – 1.5 in wide button hole with an underlaid fleece line.
- (Please take a fusible fleece line)
- The drawcord: Fold the ribbon, fix it with pins and stitch it.
- Sew the shoulder seam, front and back part.
- Fix the Hood with pins at the trunk-throat-line and sew it.
- Watch the spin of the wrap-effect! The wrap effect should go from the right up to the left (external view).
- Now pull the finished ribbon through the tunnel with a safety pin.
- Trim the throat seam on the inside neatly with bias tape.
I hope you enjoy your new DIY-poncho.